The Aichi Steel Group approaches Corporate Social Responsibility as a prerequisite for good governance, and as the foundations for long-term stable growth. We practice CSR management to gain trust from all our stakeholders, and to contribute to sustainable development of society and the planet, through the establishment of our Long-term CSR Vision and the implementation of our Medium-term CSR Plan.
The “Aichi Steel Action Guidelines” were established in 1998, and then revised in 2007 to grow the entire Aichi Steel Group. As a result, the “Aichi Steel Group Action Guidelines”, for global management, were defined and became the foundation for the CSR management of the Aichi Steel Group as a whole.
CSR promotion system
The CSR Committee, chaired by the president, confirms and reports on the status of CSR management efforts. The committee previously met annually in March, but beginning in fiscal 2016, to further strengthen the CSR structure, the CSR Committee will meet twice a year, in October and March, providing a midterm confirmation and report on CSR management.
*1 J-SOXThe Japanese version of the U.S. SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley Act). This Act was created using SOX as a model and was designed to improve the accounting auditing system and internal control of companies in Japan.
*2 Internal controlActivities and systems to control, monitor, and secure the soundness and efficiency of operations, as part of corporate governance, by following standards and procedures established for individual operations. In particular, standards and systems to prevent improper financial accounting should be established, and auditing should be conducted to verify that they are operated properly.
*3 AICHI SpiritA slogan presenting, in an easy-to-understand manner, the management philosophy, sense of value, and other basic ideas upheld by Aichi Steel as the corporate genes inherited from its predecessors (established in July 2006).
*4 Aichi Steel Group Action GuidelinesPractical guidelines that must be followed during business activities (revised in October 2013)
Company-wide CSR Action Plan
Review of Fiscal 2016 CSR Activities and Identification of Issues
4.Response to globalization
5.Enhancement of consolidated
Implementation and outcomes based on clarification of issues and formulated plan formulation
- Overseas: Contribution toward countries with company sites through enhanced profitability
- Japan: Enhancement of consolidated management infrastructure through further improvements to communication
6.Penetration and strict adherence
CSR Policy among all relevant
Enhancement of CSR infrastructure and head office mother role
- Expansion of in-house priority initiatives, implemented after January 8 accident, to the whole Group and suppliers
7.Response to risk factors
beyond our control, such as
natural disasters and changes
the external environment
8.Response to risk factors
by the Company
Enhancement of risk management levels across the whole Group
- Redevelopment of response manuals to address risks
- Extensive review of disaster prevention and recovery systems (review of organizations and enhancement of driving forces)
- Development of risk maps for the whole Group
9.Human resources development
to improve job quality and
to global business
Development of diverse human resources to support New Aichi Steel
- Plant organization review in line with in-house company system, and development of a “teach and be taught” environment
- Implementation of (and outcomes from) concrete measures for workstyle reform and diversity promotion
- Promotion of engineering HR development