We view environmental preservation activities as one of the top priority issues in corporate management. The Aichi Steel Environmental Charter was developed in June 1996 to clarify our sincere approach in environmental efforts. The Behavior Guidelines on Environmental Issues (current Environmental Action Plan) was established in June 1993, and we continuously and actively aim to achieve our goals.
Aichi Steel Environmental Charter (Established February, 2017)
Recognizing that conservation of the global environment is the foundation for both the continuance of the human race and sustainable corporate development, Aichi Steel considers environmental conservation at every stage of our business activities.
All departments cooperate to clarify voluntary action plans and targets in order to promote continuous improvement of environmental conservation activities.
- With all departments participating, we always organize around the latest promoted system to take efforts in environmental conservation.
- In all our business activities, we comply with environmental systems, implement voluntary controls and audits, and work to take our environmental management to higher levels.
- We work to manufacture by taking into consideration environmental conservation at every stage of planning, development and design of products and equipment.
- In every area of our business activities, we take efforts to save resources and energy, recycle and reduce waste.
- Aichi Steel contributes to supporting and partnering in activities for environmental conservation in society and locally.
- We comply with environmental laws and product requirements of customers. (New)
- We implement training and PR activities with all employees to increase awareness of environmental conservation.
- We contribute to environmental conservation through publication of the technologies and methods we develop and our principles for efforts related to the environment.
Environment management promotion organization
Our environmental management structure has been developed to carry out environmental preservation activities based on the Aichi Steel Environmental Charter. The Environmental Working Group strongly promotes all environmental preservation activities in an organized and systematic manner.
We aim for 100% ISO 14001 certification for consolidated subsidiaries with manufacturing sites.
The Philippine AFC acquired the certification in January 2012. With this, all target subsidiaries have now been certified.
Environmental management promotion organizations (FY2015)
Educating internal environment auditors
Fiscal year 2015 saw the certification of 16 new internal environment auditors who support the efficient operation of the environmental management system, making a total of 228. We also conduct internal environmental auditor education for employees scheduled for overseas dispatch on an as-needed basis.
To promote its environmental management activities, Aichi Steel has set up the "Environmental Management Rules." These Rules provide for matters concerning; 1) systems to promote environmental management; 2) compliance/management of the Basic Environment Act and other environment-related regulations; 3) advance assessments of the environmental impacts of products, raw materials, secondary materials and equipment; and 4) support and cooperation for environmental protection in society and communities.
Notice regarding management of steel slag (April 1, 2015)
Aichi Steel is working to appropriately manage slag and slag products moving forwards by establishing and conforming with a ferrous slag management manual in accordance with the Ferrous Slag Outsourced Treatment Management Policies for Industrial Waste Treatment Contractors established in October 2007 by the Japan Iron and Steel Federation and revised on April 1, 2015.
The guidelines can be seen on the website of the Nippon Slag Association.
Nippon Slag AssociationOpens the website of the Nippon Slag Association
The results of the FY 2015 internal audit and the surveillance audit of the environment management system were as follows. There were no major non-conformance issues.
Results of internal audits
Results of audits by external auditors
ISO certification status
|Aichi Steel||January 1997|
|Aichi Ceratec||March 2003|
|Omi Mining||October 2004|
|Aiko Service||January 2005|
|Aichi Steel Logistics||March 2005|
|Aichi Techno Metal Fukaumi||December 2010|
Environmental conservation costs